|Now lets hyper analyze the Ali Baba Section E-5 storyboard fully.
Ali Baba Sc # E-5-1 to E-5-11
|Mustapha - Antagonist - Villain
Cassim - Comedy relief - Sympathetic underdog
Hassan - Support character - Villain
Codad - Support character - Villain
|Purpose (of sequence)|
|- Establish the presence of Hassan and Codad outside the house in the court yard with the other thieves.
- Bad guys are given their reason for being there (to kill Alis family).
- Create the feeling of power that Mustapha holds over the thieves.
- Cassim - Comedy relief - provides focal point of gag for sequence.
- Is temporarily oblivious to his primary goal.
- Gag creates a continuing light point in this section of the film.
- Gag is the Grab by the throat.
- Further describes the relationship between Mustapha and Cassim.
- Which character is superior - Mustapha.
- Which character is subordinate - Cassim, Hassan, Codad and all the other thieves.
|Previous Page - Character Designs & Storyboards|